I had another great solo trip under my travel belt. A few things learned:
1. If I have to arrive late to a hotel, make sure it’s in a safe spot.
2. No matter how I try to conserve gas on a road trip I will most likely fail due to my lead foot.
3. I also learned to not be worried about embarrassing myself, most likely I’ll never see those people again so it does not matter.
4. Be bold, walk confident and always look like you know what you’re doing even if you don’t (unless you’re lost and then ask for directions! )
5. And most important if anyone sends a judgmental eye your way because they see you’re alone (and trust me I got the looks) – send them a look back of ‘I’m a strong independent person and you wish you could do things on your own’. And if you can muster that with a look of the eye you should also be impressed with yourself that you can communicate that much with just a look of the eye!
Below is a photo recap of our trip from Idaho to South Dakota.
If you missed our visit to The Battle of the Little Big Horn Read about it here
You can read about my visit to Deadwood South Dakota here. I checked out some casinos and the Mount Moriah cemetery where Wild Bill and Calamity Jane are buried.
You can find my visit to the Annual Bison Round Up in Custer State Park here
Read about who stole my beer while we were at Crazy Horse Monument here.
Read about our scenic drive along Needles Highway here and why bringing a large RV may not be the best idea!
Read about my visit to Mount Rushmore here and find a little history behind the monument.
Find our visit to the Badlands National Park here and read about the new “friends” we made along the way.
If you missed our Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Park visits you can read about it here.
Find our visit to Bannack State Park in Montana here. Learn about the old mining town with a rough past!